Dr Julia Coakes Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Membership of Professional Organisations:
- British Psychological Society Registered as Chartered Clinical Psychologist BPS
- Health Professions Council HPC
- Division of Clinical Psychology DCP
- EMDR Association EMDR
Julia is a Chartered Clinical completing her doctorate in Clinical Psychology at Leeds University in 2005.
Julia has received additional training in CBT, DBT, EMDR and Systemic Family work. Julia has significant experience working in with outpatients and inpatients who are struggling with: eating disorders; anxiety; depression; OCD; mood difficulties; and more complex problems: PTSD; personality disorder; childhood trauma etc. Julia is experienced in CBT but is integrative in her treatment approach and will be guided very much by the individuals understanding of what the difficulties are rather than diagnosis.
Julia is currently the Lead Psychologist in an inpatient Eating Disorder unit and has published work widely on ways to improve outcomes in inpatient treatment. She also is Clinical Lead for a DBT team in York. She currently manages the Specialist Community Services in an Outpatient facility in York and works hard to improve outcomes in her Trauma, Eating Disorder and DBT services.
Julia provides specialist teaching to the Hull University Clinical Psychology Course on Body Dysmorphic Disorder, OCD, Complex PTSD and Survivors of Sexual Abuse and Inpatient CBT. Julia also offers training on DBT
Julia has additional training in supervision. Clinical supervision is available for generic or specific clinical needs with recognition of the need for continuing professional development. Group or individual supervision is available and is intended for clinical psychologists or other health professionals working within the above clinical specialities.
The therapies I offer include:
- Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Systemic Family Therapy
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Attachment issues
- PGCert Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- EMDR Training
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Degree: Psychology BSc
Conferences and Events
- BEAT Eating Disorders International Conference 2012 - Plenary Speech on Trauma and Eating Disorders
- BABCP 2012 - Symposium on Dissociation in The Real World
- BABCP 2011 - Symposium: Complex PTSD - One Case four ways
- British and Irish Group for the Study of Personality Disorder Conference 2013, talk on DBT combined with ECT and
- International Eating Disorder Conference 2013, poster presentation on working with complex Eating Disorders.
You can contact Julia directly, you may be referred by your GP or a Consultant if you wish to pay for sessions through your private insurance (registered with BUPA, AVIVA, & Cigna).