We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
Insight Eating Limited, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
During medical and consultancy with our patients we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Home telephone number
- Mobile telephone number
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- GP name
- Surgery address
- How you heard about the clinic and if a personal referral, the name of the referrer.
- Information about your health
In the Course of running our business and dealing with suppliers and other third parties we collect the following information either when you provide it to us or from publically available sources:
- Names of contacts, their business address, business email address, business telephone number
- Bank account details
Information collected from other sources
We also obtain personal information from other sources as follows:
- Your GP
- We and our therapists (some of our therapists are self employed) will also create and collate medical and health information about you in particular the treatment provided to you.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the services
- Recommend treatment and therapies
- Contact you regarding your appointments
- Obtain payment for our services
- Send out newsletters and other marketing information.
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share your information with our therapists that are self-employed as this is necessary for the provision of the services to you. We do not share your medical information with any third party save for our self-employed therapists and we ensure that the information remains in our control and require our therapists to enter into confidentiality agreements.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will share your information if you authorise us to for example your GP or legal adviser, but you will have to provide express consent for us to do so.
If your treatment is being paid for by private medical insurance (PMI) invoicing to the PMI provider requires inclusion of client personal details including name, address, and date of birth, plus information defining membership details with the PMI provider. This communication with the PMI provider can be by post, email, telephone or live website chat.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
Whether information has to be provided by you, and if so why
The provision of information listed under the heading “Information collected by us” is required from you to enable us to provide the services to you for which you are engaging us and to then collect payment for those services. We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal data for the period of your treatment/therapy sessions and for 7 years after the end of your last session.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data that the processing is necessary: in relation to a contract which the you have entered into; or because you have asked for something to be done so you can enter into a contract
In relation to the processing of your medical and health information we also rely on the lawful basis that the processing is necessary for medical purposes, and is undertaken by a health professional or by someone who is subject to an equivalent duty of confidentiality.
We rely on your consent to send out marketing information and newsletters and you can withdraw your consent at any time by letting us know as set out below.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal information locations outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) without first informing you and ensuring that there are adequate safeguards for the protection of your privacy.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you e.g. your name, address and date of birth
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take a few days for this to take place.
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: [0303 123 1113].
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 25 May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, when we do we will inform you via our website
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.
If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com, write to
Insight Eating, 67, Hilton Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS8 4HA 0800 690 6838